Monthly blog roundups recap all the content on the blog for each month. These posts provide an easy way to skim through content that interests you.
Can anyone else believe that it’s already February? Though the time flew by, the InterWorks blog has plenty to show for it. We reflected on the previous year, analyzed the release of Tableau 10.5, dished out useful Tableau tips and even touched on a few IT topics. To top it all off, we finished January strong when we found out that we were Tableau’s 2017 Reseller of the Year. Not a bad start! You can dive into all the great content from January below.
News & Events
- InterWorks Named 2017 Tableau Reseller of the Year
- The 2017 InterWorks Event Debrief
- Event Debrief – December 2017
- InterWorks Blog Roundup – December 2017
- Tableau Releases Hyper in Version 10.5
- Tableau Server on Linux Is Here. Should You Make the Switch?
- PYD49 – Tableau 10.5 Updates
- PYD50 – Irwin Dolobowsky & Tableau Server on Linux
Tableau Tips, Tricks and Vizzes
- Tableau Extended: The Data Connection Page
- Questions from Tableau Training: Comparing Metrics for Same Weekday in Previous Year
- Questions from Tableau Training: Moving Reference Line Labels
- Friends Don’t Let Friends Make Pie Charts
- 12 Months of Tableau
- Tableau Deep Dive: Table Calculations – Custom Sorts, Part Two
- The Quantified Car: Part Two – Path Maps
- Improving Your Dynamic or Repeated Text in Tableau
- Meltdown and Spectre Vulnerability Information
- VMware 5.5 Support Is Ending Soon, Upgrade to 6.5 Today
- How to Use Kaseya to Detect Meltdown and Spectre Vulnerable Machines
- How to Use Docker to Create an Office 365 Mail Relay
Other Data Topics
Power Tools for Tableau
- What’s New in Power Tools for Tableau – January 2018
- Workbook SDK for Tableau v1.19.0 Released!
- Workbook SDK for Tableau v1.19.2 Released!
(Other interesting blogs we are reading outside of IW)
- What is the Pizza Capital of the US? – Simon Rogers, Google News Lab, Medium
- Data analysis has a serious Last Mile problem – Jesse Paquette, The Startup, Medium
- Visualizing the Uncertainty in Data – Nathan Yau, Flowingdata
- Hyper and Linux arrive in Tableau 10.5! – Olivia Nix, Tableau
- Snowflake, now a unicorn, eyes global growth for cloud data warehouse – Marc Ferranti, CIO