Monthly blog roundups recap all the content on the blog for each month. These posts provide an easy way to skim through content that interests you.
Now that July has come and gone, summer is nearly over. With four vizzes this month designed by our amazing analysts and a particularly relevant blog by David Duncan on design, July was clearly the month of dashboard design. With the countdown to the Tableau Conference beginning, people are more focused than ever on best practices and dashboard optimization.
Speaking of Tableau best practices, Zion Spencer has helped create a number of Power Tools for Tableau demos. With David and Zion’s help, there’s no reason anyone can’t create visually dynamic and informative dashboards.
Happy reading and we hope you learn something new!
News & Events
- How InterWorks and the Tableau Foundation Are Impacting Education Through Data
- InterWorks Blog Roundup – June 2017
- Data + Insight + You
- ICYMI: London Tableau User Group Updates
- A Detailed Review of My iPhone 7 Setup
- 140.6 Miles: How Two People Trained for Six Months to Complete the Boulder Ironman
- Open Data Viz: Portland Residential Construction Growth 1996-2016
- Open Data Viz: Trees in NYC’s Concrete Jungle
- Open Data Viz: Japan’s High-Speed Train Visualized
- How to Pull Tableau Dashboards into Your Salesforce Environment
- A Lite UI Checklist for Dashboard Design
- Webinar Recap: Learning Best Practices in Tableau
- Get High-Quality Tableau Workbooks with Best Practice Analyzer
- Streamline Your Tableau Workbooks with Style Management
Podcast Your Data!
(Other interesting blog posts we’re reading outside of the IW blog)
- Viz Gallery Contest Winners Prove That Visual Analytics is an Art – Emily Chen, Tableau
- Analyzing the Gender Representation of 34,476 Comic Book Characters – Amanda Shendruk, The Pudding
- Game of Thrones Viz – Giri Kuncoro, Allie Meng and Josselyn Tsai, Thronesviz
- Start from Square Zero: Hidden Habits You Need for a Successful Career in Tech – Andrea Goulet, Medium