Monthly blog roundups recap all the content on the blog for each month. These posts provide any easy way to skim through content that interests you.
Spring is officially in bloom and with it comes a whole new crop of content. First, InterWorks kept things going strong by snagging up a few awards. We’re super excited about that. In addition to those developments, there’s plenty of new buzz surrounding Tableau and Alteryx.
New versions of Tableau gave us plenty of features to explore, and we churned out several helpful articles on a variety of other Tableau topics. March was perhaps one of the most diverse months in terms of the data visualizations that we released. We visualized topics ranging from fitness and March Madness to potholes and genealogy.
On top of all that, our resident Alteryx Ace Michael Treadwell released a handy API for Alteryx Gallery and R. Finally, Podcast Your Data! provided some great shows focused on analytics. That’s enough talk. Dig in!
News & Awards
- InterWorks Blog Roundup – February 2017
- InterWorks Maintains Silver Level Bicycle Friendly Business Status
- InterWorks Makes the 2017 CRN Tech Elite 250
- InterWorks Voted ‘Best IT Company in Oklahoma’ for Seventh Consecutive Year
New Tableau Features
- Do I Need New Running Shoes? Let the Data Decide
- 12 Generations Mapped in Tableau
- March Madness Toolbox: Probably More than You Want, Definitely More than You Need
- Data Viz: Mapping D.C. #Potholepalooza 2016
- Open Data Viz: San Francisco Evictions
- Compare Incomplete Week to Same Days of Previous Week in Tableau
- Tableau’s INCLUDE Level of Detail Scope
- Questions from Tableau Training: Combining Measures into a Single Line
- Tableau Deep Dive: Dates – Week-by-Week Comparison
- Defending Desktop I: 5 Reasons Why Every Tableau User Should Take ‘Fundamentals’
Podcast Your Data!
(Other interesting blog posts we’re reading outside of the IW blog)
- Iron Viz tackles geospatial data in best of the Tableau web – Laci McEdward, Tableau
- Tableau 10.3 beta is here! Try alerts, data prep recommendations, the PDF connector, and more – Piper Stull-Lane, Tableau
- Hidden Genius – Michael Mixon, Viz for Social Good
- A History of DataViz – RJ Andrews, info we trust
- Cross Data Source Joins + Join on Calcs = UNION Almost Anything in Tableau v10.2 – Jonathan Drummey, Drawing with Numbers