If you have had problems installing Dell OpenManage from a Windows workstation this article should help with the process.
- Download the CLI tools from http://www.vmware.com and install them. If you already have them make sure you have the current release or errors will still occur.
- Download the OpenManage package from http://support.dell.com make sure to search for “oem-dell-openmanage-esxi”.
- Verify you have a connection to the host, I used the vSphere Client just to make sure since you need all the machines shutdown and the host in maintenance mode before starting.
- You will need to edit the oem-dell-openmanage-esxi_6.2.0-A00.zipmetadata.zipvmware.xml file so you will need to extract the folder and the zip it back up before attempting to install. The reason for the edit is because the build they have listed in this file is still 4.0.0 and you are using 4.1.0 so you will find 3 places that will require you to make that change. Be sure the file structure does not change from the original download from Dell.
- Open the VMware vSphere CLI cmd console you installed. and change your directory to the following location
Windows 32bit C:Program FilesVMwareVMware vSphere CLIPerlbin>
Windows 64bit C:Program Files (x86)VMwareVMware vSphere CLIPerlbin>
- Run the following command
-i -b ex: vihostupdate –server 192.168.0.1 -i -b c:oem-dell-openmanage-esxi_6.2.0-A00.zip
- Login as root
- You should see the following once it completes
Please wait patch installation is in progress …
The update completed successfully, but the system needs to be rebooted for the changes to be effective.
- Reboot and you are done.
Hope this helps