Dell maintains that they cannot legally change ownership of their Dell products without our intervention/assistance. This becomes an issue when Dell sends a refurbished product that has been previously owned by another organization. In most cases, it becomes very difficult to get support on a product when it is not registered with the correct or business.
Here is how you can change ownership of a product via Dell’s website.
- Navigate to http://www.support.dell.com
- Click on any of the START HERE tabs
- On the left hand side, under Warranty Information, there is a link labeled Ownership Transfers
- Select What if I need to Transfer multiple products? According to many Dell customer support, this option has been known better.
- Fill in the required information
- STEP 1: Fill in the necessary number of service tags and express codes for however many products you are transferring.
- STEP 2: Fill out as much of the information as possible.
- STEP 3: All the fields in this section should be filled out. This information should reflect all current information for the current organization or individual.
- Submit Form
The following page will show whether the transfer will happen immediately or will take longer. Longer transfer normally take approximately 10-15 business days.