Following our successful Brewalytics events in Perth and Sydney, the InterWorks ANZ team continued our data journey in Melbourne. Joined by partners Snowflake, Alteryx and Tableau, we welcomed the Melbourne data community to Downtown Data & Drinks in the heart of the city.
Building an Empowered Culture
This was a fantastic opportunity to mingle with fellow data fans and discuss how to build a culture of self-service analytics by leveraging the power of these flexible tools. Our speakers shared valuable insight on data access, data science citizenship, user adoption and agile development.
The Keys to Self-Service Analytics
Robert Curtis, InterWorks ANZ Practice Lead, kicked things off with the key drivers, value and benefits of self-service analytics. Most importantly, he demonstrated how the combined use of tools like Snowflake, Alteryx and Tableau can empower more people to perform queries and generate reports on their own, with nominal IT support. Here is the breakdown of the five keys he discussed:
- Strategy – Set business goals, assess your capabilities, prioritise objectives and define cohorts.
- Governance – Create a platform of shared governance that is sustainable, secure and simple.
- Data Management – Build a semantic layer that gives business users access to quality data.
- Enablement – Provide training, internal mentorship programs and vendor support.
- Community – Bring stakeholders from the business and IT together to build a robust, scalable, self-service system. Join the PRO community!
If you’re interested in learning more about how InterWorks can support you in implementing self-service analytics systems, reach out! We’d love to help, and with team members all over the globe, getting the support you need when you need it is easy.
The event was an overall success thanks to our co-sponsors and the overarching support and engagement of the data community in Melbourne. Stay tuned for our next event in Sydney!