This series highlights two of our passions: our unique company culture and music. Born organically out of a hobby Slack channel, The Sound of InterWorks reveals the music that powers our work and how we share that with others.
Autumn is the gentle hug we can collapse into in the midst of one of our toughest years. It is the cozy nurturer that cradles our world-weary bodies with its amber hues, crisp breezes, cool mornings and creature comforts: tea, pumpkins, orchards and earlier bedtimes for the earth.
Pumpkins, Fallen Leaves and Sweater Weather
There is so much good offered by my favorite season, but one of my chief joys is its ushering in of new sounds. Some music is best enjoyed in the fall, and we at InterWorks put together a few of our favorite tracks, including hidden gems and faithful standbys. Because we care about more than just tech and data, you know? In fact, we are such fans of fall that our music-centric hobby Slack channel has actually created a playlist the last two years dedicated to this special season.
Beyond the songs we’ve collected here and the artists they represent, here are some other things that make us think of the autumn season:
- Rachel associates the season with Americana and camping. Nothing like the crunch of leaves underfoot whilst hiking and wafting campfire smoke amid the morning chill.
- To many InterWorkers, fall is permanently intertwined with (American) football season.
- Sometimes, lyrics beg for a seasonal companion, like those Kirsten found that reference shorter days and longer nights. Ah, daylight saving’s time…
- Brooks has fond memories of driving through New England’s magical fall foliage.
- Bouquets of sharpened pencils and You’ve Got Mail
So without further ado, cozy up with our favorite songs for fall, 2019 and 2020 edition.