As COVID continues, so does InterWorks’ virtual Lunch & Learn series. This month’s event covered dashboard templates.
Dashboard templates (pre-built dashboards with reserved space for worksheets and controls like filters) can save time and produce better results. However, how you create and use these templates is crucial.
The Pros and Cons of Dashboard Templates
In the video replay below, you’ll learn:
- What dashboard templates are and the case for and against them
- How and when to use dashboard templates to increase consistency without stifling creativity
- The case for style guides and viz galleries to support and augment templates
You’ll also see some great examples of minimalistic and effective templates and watch us give hands-on demonstrations of how to use these to build quick, sleek dashboards.
Keep the learning going with the following resources, including some super actionable outlines of how to get templates going in your organisation today!
- Dashboard Starters for Tableau Online
- Creating an Enterprise Template for Tableau Dashboards
- A Lite UI Checklist for Dashboard Design
- 3 Tips to Improve Dashboard Design