We’re pleased to announce that InterWorks is supporting the launch of a new data community! DataWomen is a network that will host regular webinars, run a mentoring program, host a LinkedIn group and share awesome content and links for other groups. Learn more at the DataWomen page.
Celebrating the Community of Women in Data
The aim of all of this is to support and empower DataWomen and DataFriends by creating an inclusive community for discussion and mutual learning.
Our first event will be a webinar on Thursday, August 27. Registration is now open, so feel free to sign up! The topic for our first event will be how to thrive in data. Join us for a fireside chat with some amazing women as we tackle tough topics like:
- busting myths about technical women and women in tech
- backing yourself before and after you land the job
- managing your career and time (whether too much or too little) in the era of COVID
- the roles and importance of advocates and mentors in supporting your career
Who You’ll Hear from in the Webinar
Our initial event will be led by some inspiring leaders in the data space. You won’t want to miss hearing from these talented women:
- Beth Kairys, Analytics Consultant | InterWorks (Melbourne): Originally from an arts and psychology background, Beth found her love for data while working in state government. She’s passionate about data communication and data analytics and spends a lot of her spare time playing in Tableau.
- Azucena Coronel, Data Engineer | InterWorks (Sydney): Azu has been in the world of Business Intelligence consulting for over 10 years. She loves using technology and data to help clients and has collaborated across several industries. Always up for a good data challenge, she’s passionate about empowering others in their data journey through continuous learning.
- Elisa Koch, Head of Data & Analytics | Australian Football League (Melbourne): Elisa has more than 15 years of experience in analytics, research and data. Her impressive credentials include an MBA from the London Business School and working with some of the largest, most prestigious brands in Australia. She’s an analytics leader who seeks to inspire customer-focused action through measurement and data-driven storytelling.
- Kayla Matheson, Strategic Customer Success Manager | Tableau Software (Melbourne): Kayla has a background in commerce and marketing and fell in love with data while working in the Software-as-a-Service space. Kayla’s current focus is growing user communities for self-service analytics and helping clients find value in complex datasets. She’s passionate about authenticity, enablement and empowering women.
We’ll also be launching a mentoring program after this initial event, so you can keep the learning going! To learn more about DataWomen and stay up-to-date on this event and many more, join our LinkedIn group, and start building your network now!
Want to Get Involved?
We’re always on the lookout for great people to sit on panels, be mentors and help us find and share valuable content. We want people who are passionate about developing a good environment for DataWomen to thrive. Sound like you? Contact Azucena Coronel or Beth Kairys and let’s get started!
We hope to see you in August!