To help detect client Windows machines that are vulnerable to Meltdown and Spectre at the OS and Hardware level, we built a Kaseya agent procedure to aid our own admins. This may also help you find machines on your network that still need to be patched. If you have Kaseya, try it out! If you don’t have Kaseya, you can still use the same Powershell scripts to get the same answers.
Here’s how you can easily set this up:
- Create two custom fields named OS Patched for Meltdown and Hardware Patched for Meltdown.
- Find the psd1 and psm1 script files located here. Upload these to your VSA server.
- Import our agent procedure here.
- Edit the writefile() commands in the procedure to reference the appropriate path to the psd1 and psm1 files you previously uploaded to your VSA server.
- Run on every windows machine! (Tested on Win 7, 8.1, 10 as well as Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, and 2016)
This is based on an agent procedure by Douglas Sanchez from Kaseya.