Our 1-day seminar will provide technical and non-technical managers with a framework for understanding why self-service BI is a necessary addition to your company’s toolset for improving decision-making. We’ll cover the strategic value of self-service BI as well at tactics for deploying self-service BI to insure your company gets value from your investment.
Who Are You?
You are a manager in a large organization that has invested millions in traditional BI vendor products or you a manager in a small or mid-sized company that can’t afford to spend millions on a BI solution from IBM, Oracle, SAP or other vendors.
What You Will Learn
In this seminar, you’ll gain a blueprint for an environment that encourages safe and responsible data exploration. Discussion topics will include:
- Financially justifying the investment in self-service BI.
- Improving utilization of existing BI investments through self-service BI.
- Rolling out self-service BI and what organizational change will be necessary.
- Examining the roles and relationships of business users and traditional IT teams.
- Building, maintaining and improving data governance.
- Avoiding the wild-west mentality that may expose data to unauthorized consumers.
- Managing expansion through effective performance monitoring.
Finally, these topics will culminate into the creation of your organization’s Center of Excellence. This well-used strategy will build a sustainable data-driven environment and enable the team to get the most value from your data resources. The roles of technical IT staff, power users, business analysis and pure consumers will be considered, and you’ll learn how to utilize internal and external user groups to foster continuous learning and recognize the outstanding contributions of your team.
InterWorks has spent nearly 10 years helping clients deploy self-service BI using Tableau Software along with a wide variety of database products in every industry vertical, government, non-profit entities and education. We share the lessons learned from hundreds of actual deployments.
About Your Instructor
Dan Murray is the author of the best-selling Tableau guidebook, Tableau Your Data! and was named a Tableau Zen Master in 2014. Dan founded the BI practice at InterWorks and will draw on stories from his 35 years of work experience to help you successfully deploy self-service BI within your organization.