- 8:30 to 9:00: Coffee & Pastries
- 9:00 to 9:05: Welcome from Michelle Leonard, Consumer Reports, and Steve Wexler, Data Revelations
- 9:05 to 9:55: Everything Before the Dashboard – Tools of Data Prep
- 9:55 to 10:05: Killer Tips and Techniques
- 10:05 to 10:20: Networking and Break
- 10:20 to 11:00 : Data Prep on a Shoestring Budget
Everything Before the Dashboard – Tools of Data Prep
Jimmy Steinmetz, InterWorks
Working with Tableau is a breeze…as long as your data is clean and ready to go. Unfortunately, you may not always have the time, expertise, or resources for a full service, enterprise ETL solution. There are, however, a litany of tools to help us coerce our not-so-cooperative datasets into useable formats for Tableau. Sometimes called ‘Swiss Army Knives’ of data prep, we’ll take a look at a few of these tools, including Dataiku and Keboola, and a live demo of Alteryx, to show how Tableau users can leverage these tools quickly and easily.
Jimmy Steinmetz is an Analytics Consultant with InterWorks, Tableau’s first Gold Partner. With experience across many verticals and clients ranging in size from global organizations to mom-and-pop shops, he’s well versed in bad data (and how to work with it!). He has worked on projects to develop and promote agile, useful, and sustainable data analytics and visualization solutions. Despite having spent most of his life in Indiana and spending much of his time on the road, he now calls the East Village of Manhattan home.