To setup the Dell 2335dn printer and give it a static ip address, you will need the printer powered up and connected to a a network connection via the ethernet port on the rear left side of the unit.
On the front operator’s panel:
1. Scroll with the arrow keys and highlight SETUP, then press Select.
2. Scroll with the arrow keys and highlight NETWORK SETUP, then press Select.
3. Scroll with the arrow keys to highlight TCP/IP(IPv4), then press Select.
4. Choose MANUAL, then press Select.
5. Choose SET IP ADDRESS.
6. Enter the ip address, subnet, and gateway and press Select after each choice.
Once the ip address is set, test the configuration by remoting onto the Graphical User Interface, (GUI). You will need to go to the address of the printer, but should not need a password by default.