In Windows 7 the search feature has been greatly improved, however if you are like me i have a third party application which i use to search for items on my computer. Since i no longer need the windows search capability, i have disabled these feature all together. By disabling it I free up some space in both Explorer and the start menu. In order to do this, follow the steps below:
- Click on start and select control panel
- Select Programs and Features
- On the left pane, select Turn Windows Features on or off
- In the window that appears, scroll down until you see windows search and uncheck the box
- A box will appear asking if you want to continue and select yes
- Click on ok in the Windows Features window.
- Once prompted, reboot your computer