When installing Windows 7 onto a computer, it prompts you to select your language and location. Based on your answers, it will automatically select the Aero theme which best meets your region. Since I am located in the United States, by default I am only able to choose themes from the United States. This article will show you how to access the other themes already located on your computer.
- Select start, type in C:WindowsGlobalizationMCT
- A window will open showing you a MCT folder for Canada, Australia, South Africa, and Great Britain
- Open a folder for a respective country, this example I will use Great Britain : C:WindowsGlobalizationMCTMCT-GB
- Open the theme folder located under that country: C:WindowsGlobalizationMCTMCT-GBTheme
- Double click on the GB file
- Now your theme has changed to the Great Britain theme
- If you go to personalize your desktop, the Great Britain theme will now be permanently seen there
- Repeat the steps above for each countries theme.