I generally like things nice and tidy…
In Outlook 2010, Microsoft has included a nifty feature called Suggested Contacts that keeps track of address’. This is alot like the Outlook cache feature in 2003/2007 (.nk2 autocomplete). The problem comes when Outlook syncs these contacts with your phone and you end up with various unnecessary contacts in your mobile address book.
Here is the procedure for removing the suggested contacts option and any previously created unwanted contact entries…
To Turn off the Suggested Contacts Feature:
Open Outlook and click File > Options > Contacts > uncheck “Automatically create Outlook contacts…” and click OK.
To Delete the Address Book:
1) Click File > Account Settings > Address Books
2) Select “Outlook Address Book” and click change
3) Select “Suggested Contacts” and click remove address book
4) Exit and restart Outlook.
Here’s the tricky part (sometimes that doesn’t quite do it):
1) Log into OWA (webmail)
2) Delete the suggested contacts folder