When you register for a Tableau training course, you have two options of how your course will be delivered: in person or in a virtual learning classroom. While classroom training gives you that face-to-face time with an instructor and other students, virtual training courses are a great option for those who want a more rapid-paced option spread over the course of five days.
5 Reasons to Go Virtual
As someone who teaches both in-person and virtual Tableau courses, here are some reasons a virtual course might be the best choice for you:
- Fewer hours per day: Most virtual courses are two-and-a-half hours a day, for five days. If you can take a long lunch, or clear your schedule of morning or afternoon meetings for a week, you have time for a virtual class!
- Plenty of in-class work: Some students might think that in a virtual learning classroom, they may not have the opportunity to do as much hands-on work as they would in an in-person environment. Not true! In a Virtual Learning Classroom, you get plenty of opportunity to reinforce what you learn via short, in-class tasks.
- Location, location, location: This is an obvious win for those who may not live near a city where classroom trainings are offered. All you need is a reliable internet connection and headphones, and you’re good to go. You might want to consider having a dual-monitor setup so you can follow along with the action!
- Opportunity to practice on your own: One of my favorite things about virtual classes is that the students get the chance to work independently by completing homework assignments. This encourages you to think critically, simulating what it will be like to develop Tableau dashboards on your own. It’s important to take the 30 to 40 minutes each evening to see what you can achieve without the instructor.
- Phone a Friend: Another benefit to the Virtual Learning Classroom is the ability to instant message with your instructor. Have a question or comment that you want to ask one on one? Totally possible within the virtual class!
Find Your Virtual Tableau Training
Whether you plan on starting off with Tableau Desktop I or augmenting your existing skillset in 2018, a virtual course is a great way to learn from the comfort of your own home. You can see all upcoming virtual courses here. If you’re looking for something a little more customized to you and your organization, you can reach out to us directly.
Hope to see you in class!