As the world remains in quasi-quarantine, we’ve been staying connected and learning in our home offices thanks to InterWorks’ virtual Lunch & Learn series hosted by our APAC team.
This month’s event covered five essential tips on table calculations. Table calculations are a special feature inside of Tableau. They are easy to use but have a depth of complexity if you take a deep dive.
Taking a Closer Look at Table Calculations
In the video below, you’ll learn about:
- what table calculations are and where they are applied
- how table calculations work by demystifying scope and direction, so you can get your table calcs just right
- how to unlock even more potential using quick table calculations, advanced table calculations, customisation and specific dimensions
Keep the learning going with the following resources, including one on how to apply table calculations combined with level-of-detail calculations!
- Transform Values with Table Calculations
- Table Calculation Functions
- Tableau Tip Tuesday: Table Calculations Overview
- How to Create Quick Table Calculations in Tableau
- Extending LOD Calcs with Table Calcs
Be sure to check back next month as our virtual Lunch & Learn series continues, and never hesitate to reach out if we can support you during the interim.