If you have experienced this error, don’t have Google Chrome and are not getting anywhere then try the following steps.
1. Reset IE back to default settings, under tool/internet options/advanced
2. If you don’t Firefox it then download it and install. Set Firefox as the default browser, both from the Control Panel and from Firefox (Tools, Options, Advanced, General, “Check Now” under System Defaults)
3. Open IE again and go through through the setup again, make it the default browser again. Links in Outlook should be working again.
If you have removed recently Google Chrome here are some steps that should get you back to working as well.
1. Click Start, click Run, type Regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
2.Locate the following:HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareClasses.html
3. File menu, click Export.
4. Export the registry file and click save it somewhere of your choice
5. Then modify the value for it by right clicking on it delete ChromeHTML and enter htmlfile
6. Remember to back them up prior but perform the same steps if they show up in the .htm and .shtml keys if the keys show up in your registry.